Remember, to bring an ice chest in your car or on wheels so you can enjoy a nice dinner made fresh for you right at the market. Also come to enjoy our live entertainment in the comfort of new canopies, tables and chairs.
www.AlpineFarmersMarket.com1347 Alpine Blvd, Alpine CA 91901 at Alpine Creek Town Center in front of CVS.
Try this DELICIOUS RECIPE that uses ingredients found at the market …
Alpine Farmers Market Kale Pesto
- 1 cup Olive Oil (Petrou’s or Rideout Blends)
- 1 cup Romano or Parmesan or other hard cheese, grated (Springhill or Petrou’s)
- 3 medium garlic cloves (Sage Mountain Farms, Produce Stand, RNB Family Farms)
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (Atkins Farms, or Papa’s Garden)
- 2 cups fresh curly or lacinato/dino kale (Sage Mountain, RNB Family, or Produce Stand)
- 3 tablespoons Pine Nuts (Hopkins)
- 1/4 teaspoon seed salt (Be Luna)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 lemon (Atkins Farms)
- 1 large Spaghetti Squash (Sage Mountain)
Place all ingredients in a Vitamix or other high power blender and blend on low to med for 30 seconds. Steam spaghetti squash and scrape for the rind into a large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice from 1/4 lemon. Toss pesto with steamed spaghetti squash and garnish with chopped parsley.
FRESH NEWS … Lots of NEW VENDORS and NEW ITEMS at the Market this Week!!
New to the Market This Week:
- Earth Botanicals Body Products
- Sunflower Organics Ambrosia Honey Blends
- Moaz Mediterranean Cuisine
- Scratch BBQ Sauce
- Dire Ethiopian Cuisine
- $20 Bed Sheets
- Zippity Zoomie Rides
- CT Resort Wear
- Sweet Pea Quilts
- Sage Mountain Farms and CSA Box Program
- GreenFed Beef and Pork
- Cerveza Beef
- La Isla Ceviche
- Springhill Cheese
More EXCITING NEWS About the Market:
- ALPINE FARMERS MARKET is STILL proudly raising funds for THE ALPINE TEACHERS WISH LIST! 100 % of all funds raised go directly to filling the wish list for supplies needed in our classrooms above and beyond what is allocated in the annual classroom budgets and are a charitable donation! Stop by the Market Managers Booth for more details and donate your spare change to the “ALPINE TEACHERS CHANGE FOR CHANGE” FUND!
- Did you know the Market has LIVE MUSIC? Our Live Musician this week will be Gus Mezza
- Looking for Part Time Work? We currently have several vendors looking for people to represent their products at ALPINE FARMERS MARKET and this may lead to more work at other San Diego area Farmers Markets as well. We also have opportunities for “Volunteer Work or/Trade for Food” with local farmers who have booths at the Alpine Farmers Market. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will connect you with the vendor best suited to you!
- ALPINE FARMERS MARKET was just approved to ACCEPT EBT – this will include CAL FRESH, SNAP, WIC and more. We will keep you posted on our official launch date which should be within two weeks!
- Now, get REWARDED FOR SHOPPING at ALPINE FARMERS MARKET – We are pleased to announce we were just accepted into the Worlds Largest LOYALTY REWARDS PROGRAM with over 160,000 products and services and we are the FIRST FARMERS MARKET WORLDWIDE to be a part of this program! It is free to join our new REWARDS PROGRAM so you can earn cash back and get rewards just for being loyal every time you shop at any of the vendors at ALPINE FARMERS MARKET! Stop by the Market Managers booth and get your free member card … then start earning cash back when you SHOP LOCAL AND SUPPORT LOCAL!
ALPINE FARMERS MARKET … MAKE IT A WEEKLY HABIT!
ALPINE FARMERS MARKET IN THE NEWS!
Supervisor Dianne Jacob Brings Discusses Solutions for the Alpine Farmer’s Market at “Coffee with Constituents” Meeting…
Here is a brief summary of this week’s “Coffee with Constituents” meeting discussion regarding vendor licensing difficulties at the Alpine Farmer’s Market and farmer’s markets around San Diego:
“ALPINE —- A farmer’s market problem in Alpine could lead to a solution throughout rural San Diego County, Supervisor Dianne Jacob said at her Oct. 25 “Coffee with Constituents.”…
Covering a wide range of concerns, issues and updates, Jacob noted that in 2008 the county Board of Supervisors eased regulations for farmers’ markets in the unincorporated area, but their licensing enforcement caused problems.
“There is a solicitor’s license required for every single vendor” instead of just the market owner-operators, Jacob said. “The Alpine people brought that to my attention. . . . It didn’t just affect Alpine’s farmers’ markets. It affected (areas) outside Alpine.”
The supervisor said she met with people about it, including Diane Haworth, owner-operator of the Saturday morning Alpine Certified Farmer’s Market, a Chamber member.
Jacob credited Haworth with monitoring her almost 70 vendors to make sure they meet the standards required for her farmer’s market license.
The goal now is to regulate farmers’ markets through the market manager, rather than requiring a license for every vendor, said the county supervisor. Jacob has established a committee that includes Haworth to resolve the issue.
“We (committee) have 90 days to come up with a solution,” Haworth said. “I think what we’re looking for is an amendment of the solicitors’ ordinance that will exclude farmers’ markets and let the market managers continue to do what we’ve been doing —- being responsible for our vendors.”…
For more information about county-related issues in Jacob’s Second District, call (619) 531-5522 or visit www.diannejacob.com.”
ALPINE FARMERS MARKET … MAKE IT A WEEKLY HABIT!
THIS WEEKS LIKE US ON FACEBOOK WINNER!
This week David Parent is the winner of our ALPINE FARMERS MARKET BUCKS … Who will it be this week?
You can’t WIN if you don’t Enter!
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW
#1 Join our email list by clicking here, or from one of our special signs at the Market. If you have already joined our list you will be automatically entered each and every week.
#2 Enter as many time as you want by clicking LIKE on our Facebook Page, LIKE on our Facebook Photos and LIKE on our Facebook Comments, every Facebook LIKE is a another entry!
One CSA Produce Box given away each week by random drawing!
Alpine Farmers Market … Make it a weekly habit. Let’s go Shopping!